Saturday, May 18, 2024

Will AI Replace us as Creators?

REGARDING AI in FILM CREATION

I thought to myself that I would only use AI as a tool.  The photo below is an AI generated scene I tasked the AI create to illustrate an idea I'm considering for a film project - Storyboarding in a way. 

My instructions were simply: "Illustrate a scene where a middle-aged woman, who finds herself in a lucid dream, sees a man in the distance as she is walking along tree-lined canopy path under a full moon"

The AI rendered the idea in my mind perfectly.  However, notice the old woman to the left, seemingly pointing the way along the path where she will meet the man in the distance.  That woman wasn't in my original intent for the dream scene, or, in the description I provided the AI.  

However, I thought the addition was a brilliant creative inclusion to my idea for the scene by the AI.  It actually would enhance the scene, as the old woman could be a 'shamanic-type' figure and in a film this could be portrayed very artistically.  

Thus, the AI conceivably, is now a contributor to my film concept.  Is this a good thing?  When my film is done, will I feel that it was truly my creation?   Original and unique are the terms which define my artistic intent and what I try to achieve in all my film projects. Can I say that now?

No comments: